Officials Reinstate Investigation For Mother Who Died After Intake Of Excessive Paracetamol


A police investigation has been launched into the death of a woman in the hospital. Laura Higginson, 30, died at Whiston Hospital in Merseyside in April 2017. A spokeswoman for St Helens and Knowsley Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust said it admitted that Mrs. Higginson had given a paracetamol overdose, but expressly refused that it had caused or contributed to her death.

On Thursday, an investigation into her death was opened and postponed to a date to be fixed A spokeswoman for Merseyside Police said: ‘We can verify that a is currently undertaken following the death of Laura Higginson at Whiston Hospital on April 19, 2017. As such, it would not be relevant to comment further at this time.

Genetics Condition

Mrs. Higginson’s husband Antony told that he had only found his wife, who had a rare genetic condition called Gitelman syndrome, had been given an overdose months after her death.

John Doyle, principal attorney at Slater and Gordon, who is representing the family, said: ‘The trust has now, after three years, admitted that giving the paracetamol overdose was unconcerned. However, they continue to reject it caused or contributed to Laura’s death.

A spokeswoman for the hospital said:

Given Laura’s strangely tragic premature death, it is disappointing Mr. Higginson, and the family has had to wait so long, but it is right that the trust now recognizes the defects and due method is followed.

Autonomous proficient evidence we commissioned provided to the medical examiner, and we welcome her decision to open the investigation. The trust offers its sincere sympathies to the family of the late Mrs. Higginson.

Following her death, an urgent and thorough investigation was carried out. The decisions of independent clinical experts do not agree with the views of Mr. Higginson and will be presented to the medical examiner during the inquest.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts


Blog Archive

Recent Posts